From the time you wake up nothing goes the way you planned. Even the simplest
things just seem to stall and create difficulty. I suppose you could just go
home, crawl in bed and call it a day. Or you can try one of these tips below
that I use to get things back on track. It just takes one or two to get the day
moving back in a positive direction.
1. Count your blessings. Keep a little notebook where
you write down positive things like dates when you accomplish something, or good
ideas, or inspiring quotations. Keep it nearby for you to reference. Then when
you are feeling down or frustrated you can pull it out and smile.
2. Complete one important task. Stop the trend of failing in
its tracks. Set one small, defined task for yourself and finish it. You can't
underestimate the mood boost that comes with the satisfaction of completion.
3. Set a reminder. Use your phone, computer or watch and set
an hourly tone to grab your attention. When it goes off, think of a couple of
happy thoughts, spend a few minutes in prayer, or engage in another affirming
4. Seek beauty. Find a respite from the tension in music,
art, taking a walk in a park or garden, or surfing some beautiful videos.
Experience something that stimulates your aesthetic
5. Begin a better future. Take the first step toward a life-changing decision. Take 20 minutes and list out 3 or 4 things you have always wanted to accomplish. Then surf the web and
find a way to start the process. Maybe you always wanted to see Europe. Book a
6. Make a new connection. Put aside the frustrating tasks
and sort through your LinkedIn list for people worth meeting. Reach out to several and
begin the conversations with your new peers, mentors and friends.
7. Watch something inspiring. Often frustration comes from
doing things the same way with little success. Find some new methodology. The
Internet is full of inspiring material to get the day turned back to positive.
Take your choice of TED talks, Gazelles experts or
other thought leaders that can give you an amazing insight that makes this the
best day ever.
8. Start learning a new skill. There is always excitement
that comes with
learning. Maybe it's time to start learning that new language or
perhaps you always wanted to know how to code. Beginnings are filled with
promise and opportunity. Start something promising today.
9. Show some appreciation. Perhaps your karma is getting the
best of you today. Turn it around. Send a short message (email, text, note,
call) of appreciation
to someone. Tell them how much you enjoy and appreciate them. Then experience
how they light up. You'll instantly feel better and your day will now be headed
on the right track.
Linked In: http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=101576891&trk=nav_responsive_tab_profile
Disclaimer: This article & any other form of content in the
news and updates section of www.DavePavelich.com do
not necessarily reflect the views of Dave Pavelich or his